ALMOND ORANGE COOKIES WITH FENNEL SEEDS
These delicious, orange sugar cookies are so good, fresh, crunchy and smooth at the same time.
They are also super simple! You just need to following instructions.
· ½ cup blanched silvered almonds
· ¾ tsp Kevala's Fennel Seeds
· 4 tbsp Kevala's Coconut Butter
· ¼ cup raw cane sugar
· 3 tbsp Kevala's Oaxaca Honey
· ½ tsp pink salt
· ¼ cup whole wheat flour
· 1 tbsp orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees, with racks in middle and lower thirds. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse almonds and fennel seeds until shred completely.
3. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan. Add butter, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high, stirring once to combine ingredients as butter melts. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Mix in the honey.
4. Stir in flour and zest. Working quickly, drop batter on sheets.
5. Bake until golden brown 6 to 8 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
6. Let cool completely.