Apple and Carrot Muffins
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrots
- 1 cup grated granny smith apple
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp Kevala Sea Salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup Kevala Organic Raw Unfiltered Honey
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp Kevala Coconut Ghee
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with paper muffin cups, then in a large bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, and chopped walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, eggs and melted coconut ghee, whisk in the grated apple and carrots, pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each to the brim, bake for 25 to 30 minutes, allow muffins to cool completely.