Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of Kevala Organic Raw Coconut Oil, melted (or Kevala Organic Coconut Butter)
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Pinch of Salt (Kevala's Fleur de Sel)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp Brewer’s Yeast
- 2 Tbsp . Ground Flax Seed
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Put wax paper in a baking mold. (Or just spray the mold well)
3. In a large mixing bowl, mash up bananas. Add the Kevala Organic Raw Coconut Oil (or butter) and mix until blended.
4. Add vanilla and egg and mix until blended, then add sugar and mix until combined.
5. In a separate large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, brewer’s yeast and flax seed until blended.
6. Add the banana mixture into the dry ingredients. Once well blended, mix in the rolled oats. Then add chocolate chips and nuts (if you are using them) and mix well.
7. Once all ingredients have been well combined, fill the baking mold about 3/4 of the way with batter.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out dry.