These banana muffins are so easy and a healthy breakfast or pre workout recipe.
· 1½ cups whole wheat flour
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1/4 tsp pink salt
· 1 ½ cups mashed bananas
· 4 tbsp Kevala's Oaxaca Honey
· 1 tbsp vanilla extract
· 1 tsp Kevala's Sweet Cinnamon
· 1 tbsp Kevala's Olive Oil
· 1 large egg
· 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt fat free
· 1 tbsp soy or almond milk
· 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (you can substitute with chopped nuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray 12 cup standard muffin tin or 24 cup mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl whisk dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a large bowl mash bananas, add honey, oil, vanilla, milk, greek yogurt and egg. Mix until well combined and smooth.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Fill muffin tin with batter almost to the top. Bake until the toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out almost clean. It takes about 20-25 minutes for regular sized muffins or 14-16 minutes for mini muffins.
7. Cool the muffins for 5 minutes in the pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.