Broccoli + Quinoa Mac and Cheese
This recipe is totally kid- and allergy-friendly. Not gluten, dairy, eggs, soy or nuts, but with the creamy, cheesy flavor of mac and cheese.
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Kevala's Nutritional Yeast
- Salt + pepper if desired
- Add quinoa, broccoli, broth and water to a large sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stir and then cover and reduce to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. You want the quinoa to be fluffy and the water to be absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in nutritional yeast. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!