Chicken Alfredo Pasta
For the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon Kevala Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower, 12 ounces
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1-2 tablespoons Kevala Nutritional Yeast
- ½ tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons Kevala Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Kevala Coconut Aminos
For the chicken:
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta,
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon Kevala Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium size pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is transparent. Add the cauliflower and chicken stock and bring the pot to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft. Transfer everything in the pot to your blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth. Taste the sauce and add extra salt and/or nutritional yeast if you'd like. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook it. Drain the water through a colander then return the cooked pasta to the pot. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and toss so that all the pasta is lightly coated in the oil. Add the spinach to the pot.
- While the water is heating, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan. Add the chicken and cook until it is lightly browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Add the cooked chicken to the pot with the pasta. Pour the healthy Alfredo sauce over top and toss so that everything is well coated in the sauce.