- 1 cup Kevala Traditional Ghee
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs finely chopped almonds for topping, optional
- Kevala Fleur de Sel - Gourmet Sea Salt for topping
1. Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Combine Kevala Ghee, sugar, and water in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
3. Stir ingredients frequently over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
4. Once the mixture comes to a boil, attach a candy thermometer and continue to stir occasionally, the mixture will turn a more yellow hue as it cooks
5. Once toffee reaches 305°F/151°C, immediately remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract (carefully as it bubbles and steams).
6. Prepare a 9x9 pan with parchment paper and pour mixture evenly into it. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then sprinkle chocolate chips evenly overtop the mixture. Cover with foil and allow to sit another 5 minutes, then remove the foil and spread chocolate chips evenly over your toffee.
7. Immediately sprinkle with additional finely chopped almonds and Kevala Fleur de Sel.
8. Allow to cool completely, before breaking and serving.