Enjoy the antioxidant benefits of these citrus and turmeric gummies.
Grenetina is a brilliant source of amino acids that aid in joint health, muscle synthesis and even helps at boosting your mood. Grenetina has two amino acids; proline and glycine which boost the production of collagen, helping to smoothe out your skin and protects you form damage due to sun exposure.
Turmeric contains the powerful anti oxidant and anti inflammatory known as curcumin. Curcumin can be used to help combat depression. Although the levels of curcumin are fairly low in turmeric it's still beneficial to consume.
· ⅓ cup grenetina powder
· ½ cup warm water
· 1 orange juice
· 2 lemon juice
· 1 lime juice
· 4-5 inch piece of ginger root
· ½ cup water
· 2 tsp Kevala's Turmeric Powder
· ¼ tsp Licorice Powder
· ¼ cup Kevala's Raw Honey
· Pinch himalayan pink salt
· Silicone mold
1.Start by placing ½ cup of warm water in a bowl along with the grenetina powder. Leave to sit for 5-10 minutes and set aside.
2. Squeeze orange, lemon, lime juice, and finely grate the ginger root.
3. In a small saucepan add your remaining ½ cup warm water, turmeric, licorice powder, grated ginger and himalayan pink salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to the lowest heat.
4. Strain out the liquid and stir in the grenetina until it becomes thin and the ingredients have fully combined. This will take about 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the fruit juice and the honey until fully dissolved.
6. Pour into the silicone moulds and place in the fridge. Leave to set for 1-2 hours until firm!
7. Remove the gummies and store in an airtight container within the fridge.