Coconut Butter Cookies
These coconut butter cookies have an incredible soft texture and are super easy to make, perfect for the winter season!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Kevala Organic Coconut Butter melted until just warmer than room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Kevala Raw Honey
- 1 Tbsp of Grated zest of 1 large orange
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Kevala Organic Sesame flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp Kevala Organic Coconut Butter melted
- 2 tsp sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sesame flour, baking soda and salt, set aside. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the coconut butter, maple syrup and honey, eggs, orange juice and zest, and vanilla extract until very smooth.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the wet until fully mixed, then allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes so the sesame flour absorbs the liquid.
- Roll 1 piece of dough 1/8 inch thick. The cut the dough using cookie cutters into as many cookies as possible, place cookies, 1 inch apart, put them on your baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, combine the melted coconut butter and sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cookies as desired and enjoy!