CREAM CHEESE RASPBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
This healthy french toast is the easy Sunday family breakfast recipe.
It is homemade with whole wheat bread, low fat cream cheese, raspberry slices and honey. The crunchy cinnamon coating makes it the perfect simple brunch sandwich for family.
· 4 tbsp low fat cream cheese
· 1 tbsp Kevala's Organic Raw Honey or Kevala's Organic Agave Nectar Light.
· 2 eggs
· 1/4 cup milk
· 4 tbsp whole grain bread crumbs divided
· 1 tbsp raw cane sugar divided
· 1 tsp Kevala's Sweet Cinnamon divided
· 8 raspberries hulled and sliced
· 8 slices whole wheat bread
· 2 tsp Kevala's Sesame Oil divided
1. To make the filling mix the cream cheese with the honey and set aside.
2. Whisk the eggs and milk together.
3. On a large plate combine 2 tbsp bread crumbs, 1/2 tbsp raw cane sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
4. Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan. To assemble the french toast, spread a slice of bread with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture. Top with two sliced raspberries and cover with a second slice of bread. Coat first with the egg mixture and then with bread crumbs. Fry over medium-high heat until golden brown and crunchy, gently pushing down on the edges of the bread to seal.
5. Continue the same way with the other six bread slices. Halfway through wipe the plate with the coating mixture clean and mix the rest of the bread crumbs, sugar and cinnamon for making the other two french toasts.
6. Serve warm with additional strawberries.