- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Kevala Organic Raw Honey
- 6 tablespoons loose leaf Earl Grey tea
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large egg yolks
1. Combine the cream, milk, honey and salt in a pot and simmer on a low-medium heat until the honey is dissolved.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk the egg yolks and slowly stream in the milk-sugar mixture while constantly whisking the egg yolks. Keep whisking to make sure you don’t scramble the eggs.
3. Transfer the egg mixture back into the pot and add the Earl Grey tea. Cook over low-medium heat stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. The mixture will begin to thicken after a few minutes and turn a light grey brown. You’ll know when it’s ready when it coats the back of the wooden spoon and if you run your finger across the back of the spoon and the custard does not run into the track your finger left.
4. Remove the mixture from the stove and allow it to steep for another 5 minutes. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Churn the ice cream until the texture resembles "soft serve." Transfer the ice cream to the chilled storage container and freeze until hardened to your desired consistency.