Farfalle with Broccoli Pesto
This dialed down low-carb pesto is full of broccoli goodness and is the perfect accompaniment to your pasta and any protein.
· 20 fresh broccoli florets, rinsed
· 1/2 tsp water
· 3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
· 4 Tbsp pistachios
· 1/2 cup Kevala Nutritional Yeast
· 1/3 cup Italian Dressing Mix
· 3 cups uncooked farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
1. In a medium saucepan boil broccoli florets with enough water to cover. Approximately 5 minutes. Remove florets with a slotted spoon and place on a plate to cool. Reserve the water to cook pasta in.
2. In a food processor, pulse broccoli, parsley, 2 tablespoons pistachios, nutritional yeast and dressing until finely chopped and combined; approximately 30 seconds.
3. Cook farfalle pasta according to package. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water. Drain and return pasta to the pot.
4. Over low heat, add the pesto and ¼ cup of reserved water. Toss to combine. Add more water to thin out pesto if necessary. Cook for 5-7 minutes