French Buckwheat Crepes - Gluten free
- 2 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 cups water (+1/3 cup water - to adjust the batter consistency if needed)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (4g)
- Kevala Organic Coconut Oil
- Kevala Sesame Choco Butter
- In a blender add the buckwheat flour, water, egg, salt. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Cover the batter and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Check the consistency of your batter and thin it out until it’s the consistency of melted ice cream. (you can add the extra 1/3 cup of water)
- Heat a lightly oiled crepes pan over medium/high heat, use the coconut oil.
- Make a first crepe to test your batter consistency. Pour or scoop about 1/3 cup batter onto the pan, then tip and rotate the pan to spread batter as thinly as possible.
- Brown on both sides about 1-2 minutes on each sides, store on a plate and repeat until no more batter left.
- To serve the crepes, place each crepe in a pan at low heat and garnish half of the crepes with Kevala Sesame Choco Butter (or with your favorite spread)
- Add some fruits like bananas and strawberries and close the crepes.