- 2 heads garlic
- 4 tbsp Kevala Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 1 15 - ½ ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp + 1 ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Kevala Sesame Tahini
- ¾ tsp Kevala Sea Salt
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF, rub extra papery skin off of whole heads of garlic, cut tips off each clove of garlic, lay root side down on a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle 2 tbsp of oil over the cut end of the garlic, crimp foil closed, roast until the garlic cloves are soft (45 minutes to 1 hour). Open foil and let sit until cool enough.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin, transfer the cloves to a food processor. Add the remaining 2 tbsp oil, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini and sea salt and puree until smooth, serve sprinkled with parsley and drizzled with more olive oil if desired.