GREEK QUINOA BOWL
Loaded with fresh veggies and drizzled in a light homemade dressing, these tasty vegetarian Greek Quinoa Bowls make healthy eating a breeze.
· 1 cup quinoa
· 1 + 1/2 cups water
· 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
· 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
· 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
· 1/4 cup Kevala's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 2 tbsp Kevala's Apple Cider Vinegar
· Salt and pepper
· 1 tbsp fresh parsley
· Pita wedges
· Fresh tomatoes
· Lemon wedges
1. Rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve .
2. Bring a medium saucepan to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water. Stir as it toasts for just a few minutes.
3. Add the water, set burner to high, and bring to a boil.
4. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
5. While the quinoa cooks, chop and prep the remaining ingredients and whisk together your dressing ingredients.
6. Snag the quinoa from the pot and give it a little fluff with a fork.
7. Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper and pour over the quinoa bowl and toss with salad servers.
9. Add any additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.