Mozzarella chicken recipe is a delicious and easy meal to enjoy at dinner tonight.
· 1 tsp dried basil leaves
· 1 tsp dried parsley leaves
· ½ tsp ground oregano
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 1 tbsp Kevala's Avocado Oil
· 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, halved to make 4 fillets
· 1 tsp minced garlic
· 1½ cups marinara tomato sauce
· 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
· ½ cup shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat the grill to a medium heat setting.
2. Combine the herbs in a shallow bowl with salt and pepper and oil. Coat both sides of each chicken fillet with the oil. Heat a large heavy oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add the fillets and pan fry on each side until golden.
3. Add the garlic to the same pan and allow to fry until fragrant.
Spoon the marinara sauce over and around the chicken. Add the Italian seasonings into the sauce and stir them through. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of the mozzarella over each chicken fillet; transfer to the oven and grill until the cheese has melted and the chicken is cooked through.
4. Garnish with freshly chopped parmesan cheese and serve over zucchini noodles, rice, pasta, steamed vegetables, or with a salad.