PALEO WAFFLE CONES
These waffle cones are buttery, crisp, and they're the best complement for a fruit sherbet. Just try it and be refreshed in this hot sumer.
· 2 tbsp Kevala's Ghee
· 1 large egg
· 1 large egg white
· ¼ Kevala's Organic Agave Nectar Amber
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· ¾ cup almond flour
· 3 tbsp arrowroot flour
· ¼ tsp pink salt
1. Preheat a pizzelle maker with 4 ½-inch molds or a waffle cone maker.
2. Melt the shortening in a small saucepan and allow it to cool slightly.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the whole egg, egg white, agave nectar, vanilla and melted shortening until smooth. Add the flours and salt and whisk until smooth again. Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
3. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the center of the pizzelle/waffle cone maker. Close the lid and cook for 30–60 seconds or until the cookie is done.
4. Place the cookie on the countertop and immediately shape it with a cone roller or by hand. Hold the cone on the roller until it feels like it will hold its shape. It will set quickly as it cools. If it doesn’t crisp up once cooled, then you know it needs to cook longer. If your machine browns the cookie more on one side than the other, flip the cookie halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
Note: The cones are best eaten the day they're made.