· 1 cup Kevala Organic Sesame flour
· 1/2 heaped tsp sea salt
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder
· 1 tsp Kevala Nutritional Yeast
· 1 scant cup warm water
· 1 Tbsp Kevala Organic Olive Oil
· 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
· 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion or shallot
· 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
· 1/4 cup almond ricotta cheese
· 4 Tbsp Vegan Pesto
· Arugula or other peppery greens
· Raw garlic, minced
· Kevala Nutritional Yeast
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add sesame flour, sea salt, baking powder, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast and whisk to combine. Then pour warm water into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime, heat oven to 425 degrees. Once the batter has rested, add the olive oil and oregano and stir to combine.
3. Heat a large oven-safe cast-iron or metal skillet over low-medium heat.
4. Add the sesame batter into the greased, hot skillet and move the pan around to allow the batter to flatten like a large pancake. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Then carefully transfer skillet to the oven and bake 10-15 minutes, until the edges have browned, and the top is slightly golden brown.
5. Remove from oven after baking, gently loosen with a spatula, and slice on a cutting board. Then add remaining toppings of choice.