Potato Balls Salad
This potato balls salad is crispy, with gooey melted cheese in the middle, easy to prepare, healthy and really tasty.
For the baked potatoes
· 1 pound potatoes, boiled with their skin on and chilled
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
· 1 egg, beaten
· Kevala Organic Sesame Flour
· Bread crumbs
For the salad
· 4 cups of your favorite veggies (here we used spinach, broccoli, radishes, and bell pepper)
· 1 tsp Kevala EV Organic Olive Oil
· 1 tsp lime juice
· 1/3 cup sliced pecans
For the Tahini Dressing
· 4 Tbsp Kevala Organic Sesame Tahini
· juice of one large lemon
· dash of salt
· dash of garlic salt
· dash of red pepper flakes
· 3 Tbsp water or lemon juice
1.Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a large bowl mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
3. Add green onion, garlic powder, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. In another bowl add bread crumbs, then dust your hands with flour, take about a spoon of potato mixture, flatten and add a cheese cube in the center.
5. Wrap and form into a ball. Roll in flour, dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs, pressing if necessary to stick well. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
6. Place the ball into a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden and crisp.
7. To make the Tahini dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the water. Taste for flavor adding any extra you might like. Add the water or lemon juice one tablespoon at a time to thin as needed to desired consistency.
8. Once the potato balls are done, toss the salad greens with the olive oil and lime juice in a bowl. Add the mixed salad greens. Toss again.
9. Add guacamole to the top of the salad and the baked potato balls.
10. Top with the tahini dressing and serve immediately.