Sea Salt Caramel Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews previously soaked for 4/6 hours approx, drained
- 1.15 ounce can coconut milk full fat
- 3 tbsp Kevala Organic Virgin Coconut Oil melted
- ½ cup Kevala Organic Raw Unfiltered Honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Kevala Sea Salt
- 14 whole dates pitted
- ½ tsp Kevala Sea Salt
- 1-3 tbsp warm water optional
- Add soaked, drained cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and sea salt to a high speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth, extra tip: for best texture, chill mixture for at least 4 to 6 hours.
- Add chilled mixture to the ice cream maker and churn according to instructions (about 45 minutes). In the meantime, prepare the salted caramel by adding dates to a food processor until smooth, add warm water if needed, sprinkle with sea salt, and blend once more to mix.
- Once churned, transfer the ice cream to a large container and spoon in the desired amount of caramel, then use a spoon to swirl, add a pinch more sea salt if needed.
- Smooth top and cover well, set out for 10 minutes before serving to soften.