Thai Mango Sweet Sticky Rice
This soft, sweet rice paired with juicy fresh mangoes is so lovely and simple to make, you'll love it!
· 2-3 fresh mangoes
· 1 cup sweet rice
· 1 cup of coconut milk
· 1 1/2 Tbsp Kevala Organic Coconut Butter
· 1/4 cup Kevala Organic Oaxaca Honey
· 1/2 tsp Kevala Organic Sesame Seeds
1. Soak sweet rice for 2 hours, drain water when ready.
2. Using a steamer, steam sticky rice for 20-30 minutes.
3. Slice the mangoes.
4. Prepare the sweet coconut sauce by bringing 1 cup of coconut milk and honey to boil. Once it reaches a boil, bring 1/2 of the sauce into a small bowl and set aside.
5. Add 1 tbsp of coconut butter into the pot to thicken the sweet coconut sauce. Boil for a few minutes until sauce is thickened.
6. When rice is done, add the non-thicken sweet coconut sauce and mix well. Set aside and let it cool for 15-20 minutes.
7. Once cool, place rice onto serving plates, pair with mangoes, and drizzle the thickened sweet coconut sauce onto the rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.