- Cut the potatoes into thick fries. Rinse them in cold water then put them in a large saucepan.
- Cover the fries with cold water and slowly bring to the boil. Move them gently for 20–25 minutes, until they are tender. Take them out put them in a plate with a paper towel to pat dry.
- Half-fill a large saucepan with oil and heat it to 130C. Fry the potatoes in batches, leave them for 5 minutes each.
- Now heat the oil to 180C. Place the potatoes back in batches. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp. Pat them dry with a paper towel and add salt.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.