Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup Kevala Organic Raw Coconut Oil
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Kevala Organic Sesame Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Kevala Fleur de Sel
- 2 cups chocolate chips divided
- Kevala Fleur de Sel topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside, then, in a large bowl mix together the coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract, mix until combined, then add in the coconut milk and applesauce and mix until combined, set aside. In a separate bowl combine the flours, baking soda, and fleur de sel, mix well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir until ingredients are combined, then fold in 1 and ¾ cups of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop three tablespoon sized mounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet (leaving a few inches between each cookie), bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centers have set, press remaining chocolate chips on top of warm cookies, and sprinkle with fleur de sel, cool cookies on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.