Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Kevala Premium Natural Canola Oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Kevala Fleur de Sel
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Kevala Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Kevala Organic Coconut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the non-dairy milk, maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Gently stir the wet ingredients together in the well before fully incorporating into the dry ingredients. Be sure not to over mix. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add in the ‘cinnamon swirl’ ingredients and microwave for 15 seconds. Ensure that the coconut oil is melted. If the mixture seems too thin, add a bit more coconut sugar, if it’s too thick, simply add a bit more water.
- In a non-stick pan over low-medium heat, heat about 1/4-1/2 tsp of coconut oil. Once hot, pour the batter in using approx. 1/4 cup per pancake.
- Immediately, swirl the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the cooking pancake.
- Once bubbles start to form on the pancake, flip it over and let it cook through. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- In the meantime, whisk together all the ingredients for icing in a bowl. Add more powdered sugar or butter for a thicker frosting and more almond milk for a thinner icing.
- Serve pancakes while hot with the icing drizzled over top. Alternatively, top with some stewed apples or berries and/or maple syrup.