- Pour oil into a deep fryer and heat to 375º F. Should be enough oil to cover corn dogs completely.
- Add dairy free milk and vinegar in a bowl and mix to make vegan buttermilk then set aside for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix water and flax seeds to make vegan flax egg then set aside for 10 minutes along with the vegan buttermilk.
- Whisk together in a bowl the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cayenne.
- After 10 minutes have passed, add in the vegan buttermilk, flax egg and agave, mix until combined.
- Pour the batter in a large drinking glass until almost full.
- Put skewers into each vegan hot dog .
- After the oil has reached the right temperature, hold the skewer and dip the hot dog into the batter and coat the entire thing then place them in to the oil.
- Cook them for 3 to 5 minutes or until coating has turned golden brown.
- Prepare a plate with paper towel. Remove the corn dogs from the oil and place them on the plate.
- Let them cool for a few minutes. Add ketchup, mustard or anything you like and serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.