- 1 Tbsp Kevala Avocado Oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Kevala Organic Tamari Sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- 50 oz marinara sauce
- 2 cups Kevala Cashew Butter
- 3 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp Kevala Nutritional Yeast
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 - 3/4 cup water
- 1 10-oz box vegan-friendly lasagna noodles
- Nutritional Yeast
- Basil or Parsley
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set out a large baking dish and lightly grease.
2. Begin by warming your sauce. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and mushrooms and begin sautéing, for about 3 minutes.
3. Add tamari sauce, and red pepper flake and continue sautéing for another 5 minutes. The mixture should be golden brown and well cooked.
4. In the meantime, cook your lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
5. To the mushrooms: Add your marinara sauce and stir to combine. Cook on low for about 5 minutes. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding salt to taste or red pepper flake for heat. Turn off heat and set aside.
6. Next, make your "cheese." Add cashew butter to a food processor along with lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and sea salt and mix/blend into a loose paste.
7. Add a lesser amount of water. Continue mixing, scraping down sides as needed. Then add more water — 1 Tbsp (15 ml) at a time — until thick paste forms.
8. To begin assembly, add a thin layer of marinara sauce to your baking dish and spread. Then add a layer of the cooked pasta noodles. Top with 1/3 of your cheese mixture and spread into an even layer.
9. Add another layer of marinara sauce and use a spoon to spread over the cheese layer to coat. Then add another layer of noodles. Top with 1/3 of the cheese and spread into an even layer.
10. Add another layer of marinara sauce and spread into an even layer. Then top with another layer of noodles and remaining 1/3 of the cheese, and spread into an even layer. Top with another layer of marinara sauce and spread into an even layer.
11. Top with another layer of noodles and top with remaining sauce.
12. Transfer to the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes uncovered, or until the sauce is bubbly and/or the edges are browned.
13. Carefully remove from the oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
14. Then slice, serve and enjoy. You can garnish with additional nutritional yeast and fresh chopped basil or parsley.