These Naans are soft, moist and elastic; rustic and nutty flavoured, speckled with some black cumin seeds, but so hard to resist.
· 250 g whole wheat flour
· 1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
· 1 tsp himalayan salt
· 100 ml greek yogurt plain
· 150 ml water
· 1 tsp Kevala's Raw Honey
· 1 tbsp Kevala's Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· Kevala's Organic Black Cumin Seeds
1. Using all ingredients except oil and seeds, make a soft dough. Use a wooden spoon or hand mixer. It'll be sticky and messy, you don't have to knead long, just until it's all incorporated nicely.
2. Add oil, knead for a short minute more and then, cover the bowl and leave the dough to rise for two hours.
3. Put the dough on the floured surface, knead for a short minute and divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Use just enough flour for sprinkling so it doesn't stick to the surface and your fingers but try to work quickly with the tip of your fingers and don't press the dough much. Flatten each piece a bit and then take it and try to spread and thin it between your hands into the oval, around 7 mm thick.
4. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and put 3 naans on every sheet. Sprinkle with seeds and press them also gently with the tip of your fingers into the dough.
5. Let the naan rise a bit more until your oven heats up to 375 F.
6. Bake the naan for 6 minutes or until it blushes a bit and springs off when you touch the thicker part of it.
7. Leave the Naan to cool on the rack and serve it with some yogurt, veggies or just as ordinary bread.