This is a meaty and low-carb zucchini lasagna. Thin strips of zucchini replace pasta in this healthier version of the classic Italian meal.
Try it out! We promise you won’t even miss the pasta.
· 1 tbsp Kevala's Sesame Oil
· 2 cloves garlic minced
· 3/4 pound ground beef
· Salt and pepper
· 128-ounce tomatoe sauce
· 1 tbsp tomato paste
· 4 zucchini
· 115 oz skim ricotta cheese
· 10 oz spinach
· 1/2 cup grated parmesan
1. Start off by preparing the bolognese sauce. Put the oil in a medium sized pot, and pour the garlic cloves. After a minute, add the ground beef, season with salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the beef up into small pieces. Stir frequently until the beef has browned.
2. Pour tomato sauce and tomato paste over the beef and season with salt and pepper. Bring it to a slow and steady boil and let the sauce reduce for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, use a peeler to create slices of zucchini.
4. Stir the spinach and ricotta together.
5. To assemble the lasagna, start by pouring a thin layer of the bolognese sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Then add zucchini on top. Next add 1/2 of the ricotta and spinach mixture and spread it over the zucchini in an even layer. Then add another layer of zucchini on top. Pour half of the remaining bolognese over the zucchini.
6. Repeat the last steps, creating layers of zucchini, ricotta, and zucchini. Pour the remaining sauce over the top, and sprinkle the parmesan over.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, and serve immediately.